Bullet Heaven Bullet Heaven

Great

Now, this is a game I'd love to see more of!
I feel I've seen some of these patterns before... :P

From what I was experiencing, though, the frame rate was very unstable even with turned off graphics, and of course with >9000 bullets flying around on the screen I can understand that.
I can't really see how you programmed this game, but just in case you haven't already done these following things I'll present them to you (because I'd love to see this game run really smooth, possibly at 60 fps):

To reduce the lag with bullets, you could use hitboxes for collision before checking the pixel perfect collision. There is no need to check every bullet for pixel perfect collision when most of them are far out of range. Alternatively to using hitboxes, check the bullet's positions relative to the player before checking collisions.

OR

I guess you could also draw every bullet on a render target which you check collisions on, then separate enemy bullets from yours using different colors on the bullets which you then use to recognize your own bullets, then simply make the render target invisible for the player, this way every enemy and the player only need to check once for collision and it should increase the frame rate a lot. It will become slower if the game screen is too big, though. (But with what you currently have as default, it should work)

I hope you found this helpful.

I'm still giving you a 10, though. The world needs more flash danmaku games.

matt-likes-swords responds:

Most of the CPU is used to cache new bitmaps as foes and bullets spawn, the actual collision detection doesn't use much CPU in comparison.

Thanks anyway.

:the game: :the game:

Win.

At first, I lost. But then I lol'd.
I give it a 10 because I'm a /b/tard.

Make Your Own Story!!! Make Your Own Story!!!

Secksy story

Once upon a time, there was a ugly kingdom called Your anus. Everything was peaceful in Your anus until one day a Huge creature called Evil guy attacked. Evil guy had the penis of a/an Squirrel and the sexy body of a/an polar bear. He destroyed the whole kingdom and took the princess hostage. It was up to one colorful knight to save Your anus, and that knight's name was The homo. As soon as The homo heard that the kingdom was being attacked, he got his lucky black armor and started riding his Snake to Evil guy's lair. He took his sweaty buttplug and fucked the beast's anus. The beast screamed /b/tard!!! And then raped at The homo almost killing him. The homo used his last bit of energy to eject Evil guy away. Thanks to The homo, the kingdom of Your anus was saved and The homo and the princess lived happily ever after.

I like it.

Dark Seal -anime tutorial Dark Seal -anime tutorial

Thank you!!!

you teached me to draw perfect Anime.
if it wasn't for you i'd still having problems with hands n clothes. thank you!

unazukin game unazukin game

awwww! ^_^

i just luv those cute japanese games! ^_^
Nice done!

FPS in Real Life 2 FPS in Real Life 2

good stuff!

really cool! :D
+ lol at the Duke nukem sounds

Family guy soundboard v.3 Family guy soundboard v.3

what's the point of this one?

you'll probably make a bigger one with more sounds.

Murloc RPG Murloc RPG

ok then i really am 1337

cus i killed the night elf:P
i liked the loot lol.

Evangelion-Rei Evangelion-Rei

:')

great job!

Orbox Orbox

What!? no highscore list? :( 18280pts for none-__-

played for hours and no reward or anything:D
It was fun and stuff but there was no backgroundmusic-__-
graphics were great.
if you had a highscore list i would have given a (overall 9)
^_^

GameBalance responds:

AH YOU LITTLE PUNK!
Well. It doesn't have hi-scores cuz they always hacked.
Ok. 20.000 is good score. So you would get there if it is.